Author Topic: Is this a Chameleon error message?  (Read 7669 times)

Drule

• Observer
Is this a Chameleon error message?
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »
I finally took a video of the verbose listing, as it went by too fast to read :)

However, I'm not sure where Chameleon messages end, and where OSX ones begin.

Since I've never seen the following, could someone tell me if it is Cham related, or not. And if it is, why am I getting it?

ACPI Table not found: xxxx.aml a few times (xxxx being unreadable)
SSDT Table not found: SSDT-0.aml
SSDT Table not found: SSDT-29.aml
ACPI Table not found: FADT.aml

Now, I happen to have some SSDT, FADT, and other aml/bin files that I extracted in windows using that "Ultimate" system info. In fact I used the DSDT.bin extracted by it, as a starting point for my system's DSDT.aml file. Should I just put those extracted file into my "Extra" folder, where the DSDT one is?

Gringo Vermelho

• Forum Moderator
  • The gray monster energy hat
Re: Is this a Chameleon error message?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
You can set wait=y in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist to pause Chameleon so you can see the messages.

It looks like you're using an unofficial version of Chameleon, stock RC4 (and the releases before it) does not load other ACPI tables than DSDT.aml.

There is no point in overriding the other ACPI tables if you haven't modified them.

If you don't want to see the error messages either place the files where it wants them or try to find out if there is a way to prevent it from trying to load them, should be as simple as adding a flag to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

I'm not sure what the official forum policy is on this but personally I don't even want to try to keep up with all the different versions of Chameleon out there. I would ask the person who is responsible for the added features in the version you are using.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:01:28 PM by Gringo Vermelho »
10.9.5 - ASUS P8Z77-V Pro - i5 3570K - GTX 660 - Chameleon 2.3 svn-r2xxx
How to...
Install Chameleon: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,649
Make your own Chameleon boot CD: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,484.msg2131.html#msg2131

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:18:34 PM »
Yes I'm using RC5pre7-r141, and I forget how I ended up with it. I was actually about to abandon my SL installation attempts, as I have a Pentium D based system and couldn't get much help for it - everyone seems to only want AMD input.

But then after reading hundreds of posts on multiple fora, I found out that SL moved the location of Extensions.mkext to a different folder, which was why I was having problems getting kextcache to work its magic.

I can now boot into SL, but can't get my bluetooth mouse working ..... I know, nothing to do with Chameleon. So I'm just trying to backtrace any error messages and the reasons for getting them, in order to tidy up my installation a bit.

Thank you for the "wait=y" suggestion, but it only "waits" after multiple screens have already been displayed, and since I have not been able to find a way to get Chameleon to create a log file, I miss a lot of the info displayed on those previous screens.

rocksteady

• Global Moderator
  • Root Down
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 10:07:46 PM »
I'm not sure what the official forum policy is on this but personally I don't even want to try to keep up with all the different versions of Chameleon out there. I would ask the person who is responsible for the added features in the version you are using.

Excellent remark Gringo, all current features are here for RC4.

What's in beta, is in beta. preRC5 is free for everyone to test but it ain't out yet. It's still being cooked/discussed in the Repo / DevTalk / irc.

Thank you for the "wait=y" suggestion, but it only "waits" after multiple screens have already been displayed, and since I have not been able to find a way to get Chameleon to create a log file, I miss a lot of the info displayed on those previous screens.

Can you take some screenshots? Unless you're booting with -f or -x there shouldn't be lots of verbose output.
Stop bitching, start coding or documenting or both..

P5Q-EM : Q6600 : 8GB RAM : 8800GT : SATA Drives

Azimutz

• VoodooLabs
  • Paranoid Android
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 07:11:52 AM »
Hi guys,
@Drule, you must be using the version on andyvand's branch; it's the only one that loads all those acpi tables.
Never mind those messages! They are just telling you there's no such table to load, like RC4 or trunk version do for DSDT table.
Check here for a topic on that branch. If you have no interest on the patches in Andy's branch, ditch it! Use the trunk or RC4.
Wait=y doesn't help much when the output doesn't fit the screen and i have some other problems with "Wait".. we really need a log function on Chameleon.
I have Pentium D but, no experience with bluetooth.. if you need help on other stuff, give me a shout :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:21:46 AM by Azimutz »
 System & Patches: http://goo.gl/i961
 Chameleon:
- trunk builds: http://goo.gl/9G1Hq
- pref pane: http://goo.gl/OL2UT

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »
Thanks Azimutz, that explains those messages. I'll go back to RC4, as I don't think there was any special reason I decided to use RC5 except to see if it helped with my mouse problems, which it didn't. I have since purchased a $1.99 BT dongle from an eBay seller, which SL recognized. I've since removed my SL installations, to start fresh ....

Drule

• Observer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »
Alright, here's a follow-up question :) Is there any way to get Chameleon to save it verbose output to a log file, or does it already do that?

I've been using the Wait=Yes plist key, but occasionally I'd like to save the info that it outputs to the screen and I'm getting tired of always having to search for my camera and take a pic :D

valv

• VoodooLabs
    • The AnVAL Forum (fr)
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »
@Drule,
working on this one