Chameleon > DevTalk

moving to GIT?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Mozodojo:
I don't think it will happen. I can't clearly desribe the problem. I don't know what to suggest to.

valv:
In my humble point of view, the forum is a little messed up too: we need a place to share our thoughts.
Maybe  by moving those interesting topics to one section close to "patches" and "repo", just to be seen by other devs, would help us make best decisions (all together). Suggestions are welcome, but sometimes devs need one private place for new and concrete ideas, without interference of any kind (not even valv talking about sub-forums  ???). Then we could introduce an internal voting system (if needed) to decide about the road to take for the upcoming releases.

@mozodojo, I personally appreciate your attempt to help improve things. so please don't give up.

Greetz,

Mozodojo:
What all you think if one of admins will create chameleon project on GitHub? Forking current trank and trying to play with it? Also on GIT anyone could fork the project to make its own branch. GUI tool for start: GitX

I could create branch, but Iam not an admin. Kabyl, could you?  ;D

zef:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the humble reports! ;) I agree that there are more sophisticated tools are available, but I still believe that discussing and organizing is the most important task. There are many examples in this forum where a new idea or bugfix is incorporated into the trunk within a fairly acceptable timeframe.

We already have a dedicated trac fronted for the public chameleon repo (use the same user and extra pass): http://forge.voodooprojects.org/trac/chameleon/

We can also extend this default trac setup, but in this case I would need valv's help :) We can even configure git here on this server. Let me check how painful it would be...

valv:

--- Quote from: zef on October 02, 2010, 11:21:28 PM ---We can also extend this default trac setup, but in this case I would need valv's help :) We can even configure git here on this server. Let me check how painful it would be...

--- End quote ---
I 'd be glad to join efforts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version