Author Topic: Snow leopard kernel x64 - chameleon and raid0  (Read 2208 times)

Black

• Entrant
Snow leopard kernel x64 - chameleon and raid0
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »
Hi guys, finally i'm able to install and use the sl @ x64 bit, but i've a problem.

When i've finished to upgrade my 10.6.3 retail to 10.6.4 and after installed the multibeast optimization without chameleon rc4 by aserebin from multibeast 2.14 that i use, i following the other tutorial from an insanelymac user that have written a boot file and a rom file to use the ati 5770 with the kernel x64.

He say to install the last chameleon (rc5), show hidden file, and replace the 'boot' file in the root of system and add the the 5770 file.rom in extensions. And some add to the bootplist.

The fact is that the after i install chameleon and reboot, in the root of hard disk of snow leopard there's nothing. So, nothing to replace with the 'boot' file x64, nothing work. Of course, i'm not able without the tonymac boot cd.

So, chameleon doesn't support the raid0? - I use the jmicron363 with 'esata' drives.

Thanks in advance.

neilhart

• Entrant
Re: Snow leopard kernel x64 - chameleon and raid0
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »
In your RAID 0 configuration, the 'boot' file is located in the helper partition on each member drive (not in the root). 

Did your system ever boot to/from the RAID 0?   You may want to install SL and debug onto a single drive then move the contents to the RAID 0 (search for a guide to set up the RAID 0 as a boot device).

neil