Author Topic: Audio works with iBoot but not with RC5  (Read 2759 times)

gunalkanna

• Entrant
Audio works with iBoot but not with RC5
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:22:40 PM »
Hello,

I'm a newcomer to Macs and I've been reading over this forum and others for the last 48 hrs and not able to get my audio to work on my Hackint0sh.

I have a MSI P31 Neo2 mobo with a ALC888 audio chipset.

When I boot into my SL 10.6.3 using the iBoot CD, I am able to get all features to work, inc Sound, Network & Graphics.

BUT, after I've done MultiBeast and tried various options ( i've tried more than 5 diff HDA.kext files, as well as the options provided by MultiBeast) and none of them are able to get my audio back...

Some Kext files, enable the audio, but there is no sound coming in my speakers.

But, if I were to boot using my iBoot disc and then go to MacOS, my sound works fine. When in System inspector, it shows that There is no Built-in audio though...

can someone please help me setup my Chameleon to boot the same way as the iBoot does, so that I can have my sound and not have to boot from the CD everytime or let me know what I am not doing correctly..

TIA!

valv

• VoodooLabs
    • The AnVAL Forum (fr)
Re: Audio works with iBoot but not with RC5
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »
I think iBoot has its own forum. Your best bet is to ask for support (regarding this behavior) over-there.
anything else, directly related to chameleon, you are welcome ;)

Zane

Re: Audio works with iBoot but not with RC5
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
can someone please help me setup my Chameleon to boot the same way as the iBoot does, so that I can have my sound and not have to boot from the CD everytime or let me know what I am not doing correctly..

You could always try to extract the kexts out of that particular version of iBoot.

/EDIT...you know what I'm going to say.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:49:30 PM by Gringo Vermelho »
http://bit.ly/osx86log Lenovo Y550P OSx86 Log
http://bit.ly/envyosx64log HP Envy 15 1150nr OSx64 log