Author Topic: Chameleon BuildBot goes live  (Read 20224 times)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Chameleon BuildBot goes live
« on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
Meklort has now enabled the BuildBot to host automatically compiled binaries of the latest Chameleon trunk.
http://builds.voodooprojects.org/builds/

Here's an example of what the package contains:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:19:57 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

danimal

• Entrant
Re: Chameleon BuildBot goes live
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »
Hi BlackOSX

What's the difference between the Xcode3 and Xcode4 builds and why would a user choose one over the other?

BTW congrats on the new rig we'll miss ya in the Gbyte world :).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:10:01 PM by danimal »

meklort

• VoodooLabs
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:42:24 AM »
As far as a user is concerned, there isn't much of a diff other than the compiler used. Xcode3 tends to make smaller binaries (it uses gcc) Xcode4 makes larger ones (it uses llvm).

The two diff builds are more for developers / testers so that they can verify that both xcode3 and xcode4 builds work properly.
return c ? c : !c;

danimal

• Entrant
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
Thank you kind sir and thank you for all of the time and effort that you put in to this whole process.

digital_dreamer

• Observer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »
Any particular reason the builds link is no longer working?
I noticed Meklort's own webspace is down, as well.

I apologize if there is any misunderstanding. I've been out of touch for the last year or so.

best of wishes,
MAJ

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »
Hi digital_dreamer

Yes, you're right - the buildbot is down.
All I can suggest is you try at a later date.

But as a reminder to anyone else wondering the same, the Chameleon source code can always be downloaded and compiled locally by yourselves.

From OS X, open terminal, cd to a directory you want to download to and enter the following:
Code: [Select]
svn co -r HEAD http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/trunk
Then as long as the Apple Developer tools have been installed, cd to the downloaded source folder and enter:
Code: [Select]
makeThe compiled binaries will be in /sym/i386/

Some other commands available are:
make distclean
make config
make pkg

EDIT: There's also a script posted here which downloaded, compiled and put everything in a folder. Though I haven't looked at it for a while to see if it's still current.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:22:40 AM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

digital_dreamer

• Observer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 06:46:14 AM »
Ah, thanks, Blackosx!
No real problem regarding the buildbot. I started thinking that perhaps it was moved to another undisclosed location, or worst, it was being discontinued. :P

My "HackInstaller" script will work with the svn repository and automatically compile the source. But, not everyone has the developer tools installed, so the script can also check the buildbot server for updates and download, if one wishes. That's the only reason I was concerned.

best of wishes to you and everyone on the team working selflessly on these projects,
MAJ