Chameleon > General Discussion

noob Guide? eeePC 1000HE?

<< < (3/3)

pootify:
rcfa, as soon as you post your method so that I can get my 1000HE to boot a retail install, I'd be happy to test out my method for the stock wireless card and post it :)

rcfa:
If you don't mind getting a few MB worth of attachments, I can e-mail you what I got, and then maybe if your native WiFi thing works, we can put together a definitive 1000HE native-install-how-to-page.

I just wish Apple would finally ship 10.5.7, so we could test against that, too...

pootify:
sure dude, send em over to pootify at gmail dot com. is this all the kexts that go inside /Extras/Extensions on the EFI partition?

rcfa:
Quick status report: just about everything works now, including XP boot and running XP from the boot camp partition with VMWare Fusion. Somehow the disk image I had cloned was corrupt, that install in the mean time doesn't even work properly on the original disk. I wonder if that hard drive is hosed or what. Anyway, installing XP from scratch onto that partition worked just fine (well, as fine as anything works with Windows, I had to twice call up MS to get things activated, because between installing Boot Camp drivers, and starting things up in Fusion, Windows thought I had moved the install between different computers multiple times and gave me the activation finger. So annoying, particularly when you work with a legitimate XP license. Grrr....

Further discussion of the EeeMac 1000HE is likely best carried out over here:

http://smallcomputing.net/forums/index.php/board,5.0.html

I hope some of the people who have been provided with the required materials will have time to write up a good how-to guide; I won't have the time to do this anytime soon.

Only open issues right now circle around sound (line/mic input levels can't be controled through CoreAudio and Mac OS X standard controls), power management (fan control, GUI of GenericCPUPMControl), and hibernation (image written, but even with ForceWake=y it's not restored), and the lack of dedicated Elan Tackpad driver.
For the super picky, I guess drivers for the Fn keys would require some sort of hooks into the BIOS. otherwise all is peachy.
What also would be nice would be patched video drivers that are based on more recent Apple releases, because as time goes on, the chance goes up that they will become so old that due to dependencies they can't be loaded anymore. Of course, ideally, Apple would get it right at some point and just recognize the supported devices more universally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version