Author Topic: Creating Themes Guide - Updated for v2.1 rev1994  (Read 138708 times)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Creating Themes Guide
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
Hi I checked it out... I already have boot banner set to no.. it's loading something else that flashes on for a bit and then goes away.
I see. And there's no way you can read what it says or take a photo of it?
So going back to your original post, this only happens when you have changed a theme, and not using the original theme?
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

phattbam

• Entrant
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 05:11:07 AM »
it flashes by really quickly. I'm not sure if it's just displaying what's loading onto my computer.

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »
it flashes by really quickly. I'm not sure if it's just displaying what's loading onto my computer.
You can try asking Chameleon to use verbose mode and wait before continuing to show you the messages by either type this option at the chameleon boot prompt like:

-v Wait=y

or add the following key/string to your com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Wait</key>
<string>y</string>

Then booting in Verbose mode.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
Not sure if I missed this but,
What is the key "Enabled" for? The default theme has a string of "No" and some themes are set to "yes"

Also, I did notice the default theme uses a device selection of 112x112 while all the device icons were 96x96 IIRC. Lastly, not a big deal, but I think I noticed fonts being rendered a little bigger than average. Maybe it's Fontmaker app/site linked here?

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 10:50:28 AM »
Not sure if I missed this but,
What is the key "Enabled" for? The default theme has a string of "No" and some themes are set to "yes"
Hi Enzo.

That's a good question as I don't know either - Anybody else know this?

Also, I did notice the default theme uses a device selection of 112x112 while all the device icons were 96x96 IIRC.
Yes it does, and I guess the reason you're telling me this is because (I have just checked) my guide says the device_selection must be equal size to the device graphics. Thanks I'll change that ;)

Lastly, not a big deal, but I think I noticed fonts being rendered a little bigger than average. Maybe it's Fontmaker app/site linked here?
I am not sure what you mean here, but they seem to appear at the same size in Chameleon as they are in Photoshop when I create them? Can you show me an example?

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 07:17:07 AM »
For Screen C, the menu. Do you mean the icons have to be 24x24? (I believe that's the default)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
Hi Enzo

Yeah, 24x24 pixels is all we can use for the icons in the menu.
Unfortunately, the code for the GUI doesn't allow for anything different.

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
I'm having some alignment issues here...

I'm hoping there's a fix for this, but I can't seem to control where the device is on the first screen, where it has the loading bar. Whenever I change the x/y pos for devices, it does work, but only for the second screen/options screen. Can I not move it in the first screen? I'm playing with much bigger icons, and it looks to be placed higher, maybe it uses the bottom edge to align it or something. Any help would be appreciated.

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 08:02:37 AM »
Hi Enzo

I know exactly the problem you describe as I also banged my head against a wall try to work out what was going on. But AFAIK there's nothing we can do to move it down with the current feature set of the code. Maybe it's time to open up a thread in the patches section and work out what needs changing in the source code?

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 07:07:50 PM »
Perhaps! heh
Hopefully it's a simple fix. Currently, I am having trouble moving the logo horizontally as well. I will keep messing with it, but I think I may just have to ditch the logo =/.

Enzo

• Resident
Re: Creating Themes Guide - Updated for RC5
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 01:47:43 AM »
Thanks for the helpful additions. I just realized RC5 was using the res specified in boot.plist! While this is definitely neat, it does seem to imply that a user HAS to adjust the theme as necessary if it is one that isn't flexible (I think people sometimes left the res stuff alone, and let their monitor/screen scale up/down the image, thus not breaking a non-flexible theme). Though I suppose we could change the res in boot.plist, right?

This is something I'll have to try, as I want this theme I'm working on to be scalable, and will test out a few resolutions.

Something else I've noticed is regarding the selection graphics. Before RC5, device_selection was not drawn until entering the options screen. Now with RC5, though it still doesn't, it does however seem to use the "device_xxx_o" graphic, which seems to have the opposite effect. It is essentially drawing a selection graphic in the first screen when there is nothing to select. I hope that makes sense. Not a huge deal, and I suppose could be intentional.

Lastly, any word on progress being made regarding the options screen graphical rendering issue? ;-)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:58:09 AM by Enzo »

tkhudairi

• Entrant
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
I would like to ask on how to change the device name for each partition logo in the boot loader. For example, in my case I have three partitions; Windows 7, snow leopard and ubuntu. Under Windows 7 logo there is a text "WINDOWS NTFS". Now how to change this text to lets say"Windows 7 Ultimate"?

Enzo

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:52 PM »
I would like to ask on how to change the device name for each partition logo in the boot loader. For example, in my case I have three partitions; Windows 7, snow leopard and ubuntu. Under Windows 7 logo there is a text "WINDOWS NTFS". Now how to change this text to lets say"Windows 7 Ultimate"?

You can change the name of partitions within their respective OS. Also, as of Cham2 RC4, you can rename partitions with the right key/string in boot.plist.

In Windows, you can go into, IIRC, Administrative Tools->Computer Management and view/rename partitions.

To rename using Cham 2 RC4 or above, quick google search gives me:
"Rename Partition"      Rename partition(s) for the boot menu.
    =partition <alias>       Where partition is hd(x,y), UUID or label enclosed
     [;partition2 <alias2>   in quotes. The alias can optionally be quoted too.
     ...]

tkhudairi

• Entrant
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »
Thanks Enzo. I will try that today. What about renaming partitions in Ubuntu? Thanks

Twa

• Entrant
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:11 AM »
I have a 1600x900 monitor (DVI-DVI - GPU GTX 285) , I fixed background to 1600x900 px and fix in plist file too, but Chameleon Screen isn't show correct resolution, I see on Video info and Chameleon wasn't detected correct my Res :(  any help ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:12:52 PM by Twa »