Author Topic: Learnt Knowledge  (Read 2711 times)

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Learnt Knowledge
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
I have been reading, learning and experimenting with hackintosh for six months now and have managed to build myself a great vanilla 10.5.7 system using Chameleon v2 and I believe I can make it better by knowing more. But I have always struggled to ask just the right question in a technical manner to get the answer I wanted.

So can I just say thanks to tempolo for all the questions he has asked and thanks to the knowledgeable individuals here for the detailed answers. I have learnt more specific details on this forum than anywhere else.

Finally, tempolo, well done with making your guide and I look forward to seeing it evolve.
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

tempolo

• My own Hackintosh page
Re: Learnt Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »
So can I just say thanks to tempolo for all the questions he has asked

Now, this gave me a great laugh! I always see myself as a kind of pest, asking all these questions, getting into every detail. Glad I'm not the only one actually reading them :-D

I, too, am grateful for this forum and the devs that give helpful answers. I tried similar things on other forums where it was rather ... disappointing. One other person to thank is David Elliott who I had a few private mail exchanges with. I'll try to republish some of what came out of that on my private Hackintosh page.

BTW, my current goal is to avoid having to patch the GMA 950 driver. Still not sure if that can be done. But when I tried patching the latest 10.5.7, it did lead to a blank screen because the actual display could not be detected (I could tell this by using Remote Screen access and then look at the System Profiler information).

After that, I'll see if I can create a small disk image containing a dummy OS X system so that a vanilla install can find this as a valid OS X and copy the network settings from it, thus avoiding the Setup Assistant loop as well as get the network set up in a way that prevents the "Error 35".

It's quite an adventure...

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Learnt Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »
I always see myself as a kind of pest, asking all these questions, getting into every detail.

LOL, tempolo the pest (or tempest?)   :P

But seriously, good luck with your future goals and to you and everyone here, keep up the good progressive work.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:15:22 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB