overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Message: "Can't find mach_kernel" on RC2  (Read 6003 times)

BJMoose

• Entrant
« on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:10 PM »
Hi, I have both a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 and a BadAxe2 motherboard.  Actually, I have two of the former and three of the latter.  All are running smoothly with V2.0 RC1 on USB sticks.  But whenever I try to use the RC2 sticks, I get the message above.  RC1 still works fine even now.

If it matters (could be a new feature), while all my Windows drives and partitions show up on both RC versions, only my boot drive (called MacOSX) appears on the RC2 bootloader.  In RC1, I also get my USB stick (called Chameleon) and my data partition (on the same drive as MacOSX, called MacDATA).  Any clues about this?  Thanks for any advice.  Peace...BJMoose
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:44:53 PM by BJMoose »
OSX: v10.5.7 Chameleon V.2 RC1[100% Vanilla]
GFX: Gigabyte 9800GT 1024mb
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
CPU: Q9650
RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) PC6400 OCZ DRIVES: 5x1GB Samsung SpinPoints  OPTICAL: Sony/Optiarc SATA  MONITOR: 30" Samsung

bulletproof

• Entrant
Re: Message: "Can't find mach_kernel" on RC2
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »
I had this same problem on one of my machines. I resolved the issue by installing Chameleon to the EFI partition instead of the standard install...not sure why, but it only works this way. (you'll want to rm /Extra/Extensions.mkext before you re-install or you'll end up with duplicate kexts in EFI/Extra/Extensions.)