overdue-scratch

Author Topic: Only sound away from perfect SL - but nothing works!!!  (Read 4233 times)

Gurruwiwi

• Entrant
Only sound away from perfect SL - but nothing works!!!
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:48:34 PM »
 Hi all...

I'd like to cosmically thank you for contributions to us!

I am at my wits end...

I have patched dsdt for audio, that bring up correct audio ID and audio devices with the help of  a patched AppleHDA. This is what I have now, but what I will describe happened before and after fixing my dsdt and appleHDA.

I seem to have a real alc889a rev1

I cant get codec dump because I am Linux illiterate (although I can follow tutorials, have to download a disto but haven't managed to get to it) - getdump (voodooHDA 0.2.2) brings back
Code: [Select]
error: IORegistryEntryGetPath returned 0x10000003

Also tried hdahelper and I think it brings back the same message.

Tried all voodooHDA for SL, even the recompiled for 64bit. Brings back "failed dependancies" in verbose boot. Tried in combo with ALCinject which also cannot find paths.

With vanilla AppleHDA, or "correctly" modded (forum friend did it form me), shows no audio devices in system profiler, or brings back assertion "0", mapping ports (mic, speaker, etc) but no sound in system preferences.

All other "generic" fixes fail to map ports in system profiler.

I have a full working laptop (ICH9m), waiting for some melodies to brighten the day!

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 09:50:33 PM by Gurruwiwi »

sahib

• Entrant
Re: Only sound away from perfect SL - but nothing works!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:38:33 PM »
make sure your voodoohda.kext is root:wheel. I only ever got VoodooHDA to load properly in SL if i'd put it in /S/L/E and removed AppleHDA from that folder. don't forget to rebuild your mkext :).

not sure if it'll help you though, but you might wanna give it a swing unless you did so already...
10.6.1-x86_64 - chameleon-2.0-RC3-r658
Dell Vostro 1510 - T5670 (1.8Ghz) core2duo, nvidia geforce 8400m gs 256MB, Broadcom 4311, ALC268, ALPS trackpad.