Author Topic: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad  (Read 37973 times)

pmslo

Re: [NOT fixed] Stuck keys, no touchpad
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »
bump.
I still got the sticky keys when trying to use it. Deleted all the PS2-related kexts from both /System/Library/Extensions and /Extra/Extensions.
I'd really like to see scrolling working on my Synaptics trackpad.
Any workarounds available?

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 03:55:02 PM »
For the Sticky keys try this :
Get an Original ApplePS2Controller.kext.
Extract the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext plugin from it.
Edit ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist : replace <key>com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller</key> by <key>org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller</key> in Bundle dependencies.
Copy the Modified ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
Remove VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext from this same folder.
Correct Permissions, Clear Caches, Reboot, Hope it works.

Another nicer solution have been found at post #38
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:05:48 AM by lebidou »

gustavolessa

• Observer
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2009, 12:05:20 AM »
For the Sticky keys try this :
Get an Original ApplePS2Controller.kext.
Extract the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext plugin from it.
Edit ApplePS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist : replace <key>com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller</key> by <key>org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller</key> in Bundle dependencies.
Copy the Modified ApplePS2Keyboard.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/
Remove VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext from this same folder.
Correct Permissions, Clear Caches, Reboot, Hope it works.

lebidou, was this modification that you made on the file you sent me?

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 12:46:39 AM »
Yes it was.
But I just had the confirmation it can't work all the time. I made a HUGE mistake when installing a kext today and erased my extension folder completly. I thankfully got an iPC live DVD lying around and copied all the kext back to my HD and applied all the patches as I'm used to (I'm not a boot-132 user). But, for some reason an instance of AppleACPIPS2Nub seems to load even if I can't find where it comes from (not from AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I don't have an Extra folder) and I got stuck keys as you guys, even with that trick. So I tried something else that seems to work (for me, with iPC extensions):
Let AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext load, install the original ApplePS2Controller.kext, remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext, replace ApplePS2Trackpad.kext by VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, edit the plist as I told before, replacing org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller by com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller
See solution below.
You'll get a working Keyboard and double finger scroll.

However, it seems to be iPC related (I had no problem with an updated Kalyway), it would be interesting to know if the people who get the problem are running an iPC install or something else.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:50:08 PM by lebidou »

gustavolessa

• Observer
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 04:20:54 AM »
Yes it was.
But I just had the confirmation it can't work all the time. I made a HUGE mistake when installing a kext today and erased my extension folder completly. I thankfully got an iPC live DVD lying around and copied all the kext back to my HD and applied all the patches as I'm used to (I'm not a boot-132 user). But, for some reason an instance of AppleACPIPS2Nub seems to load even if I can't find where it comes from (not from AppleACPIPlatform.kext, I don't have an Extra folder) and I got stuck keys as you guys, even with that trick. So I tried something else that seems to work (for me, with iPC extensions):
Let AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext load, install the original ApplePS2Controller.kext, remove VoodooPS2Controller.kext, replace ApplePS2Trackpad.kext by VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext, edit the plist as I told before, replacing org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller by com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Controller
You'll get a working Keyboard and double finger scroll.

However, it seems to be iPC related (I had no problem with an updated Kalyway), it would be interesting to know if the people who get the problem are running an iPC install or something else.

I really thought it!
I almost started a pool to know the distro of those who have stuck keys!

Mine is, also, iPC.
I've downloaded an iDeneb version, but didn't installed it yet.

But, I'll try the modification you wrote.

Thanks!

Mac Hosehead

• Entrant
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
I did a fresh install of iPC on my Wind U100 with no keyboard fix and the VoodooPS2Controller is working well. Two finger scrolling works nicely (three is better?). I also tried it with iDeneb but it seems to install some trackpad support by default. I got kernel panics but maybe I did not find the right kexts to remove.

-MH

pmslo

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 07:45:59 PM »
Tried lebidou's both fixes, without any positive results. Yeah, no sticky keys anymore, but keyboard stopped working :p
Trackpad wasn't working either.

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »
pmslo, do you have iPC ? and with the last "fix" I explained did you let or reinstalled AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext ? What is displayed during a verbose boot ? Any information in dmesg or system.log about PS2 related failure ?

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2009, 02:03:16 AM »
We may have a final solution! The problem came from a modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext that came with iPC and maybe some other "distros" with an ACPIfix; the main problem was it still loaded an instance of AppleACPIPS2Nub class even without the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. I got my hand on kexts from a Boot 132 boot cd and it work well with it.

Here is the kexts : ACPI_Fix.zip
It contains AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.2.4, Vanilla AppleAPIC.kext 1.4 and IOACPIFamily.kext 1.2.0

I hope we finally got it! And thanx to gustavolessa who noticed this.

gustavolessa

• Observer
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »
We may have a final solution! The problem came from a modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext that came with iPC and maybe some other "distros" with an ACPIfix; the main problem was it still loaded an instance of AppleACPIPS2Nub class even without the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. I got my hand on kexts from a Boot 132 boot cd and it work well with it.

Here is the kexts : ACPI_Fix.zip
It contains AppleACPIPlatform.kext v1.2.4, Vanilla AppleAPIC.kext 1.4 and IOACPIFamily.kext 1.2.0

I hope we finally got it! And thanx to gustavolessa who noticed this.

I'm the one who has to be thankful! Lots of try to bypass this stupid stuck key and that mysterious acpips2nub mention!! LOL

Btw, I got a keyboard layout with all keys working!! I use ABNT2 keyboard (Brazilian)!

weatherboys

• Entrant
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »
Hello, the fix did not work for me.
I still got a stuck keys problem. Randomly (sometimes after a minute or so and sometimes after half an hour) I get a stuck key. It's always the number 5. Don't know why always number 5, but it's very annoying!!

Can anyone help me?!

Regards,
John

(Acer 5920G with a retail install of 10.5.6 and using also Chameleon 2.0 RC1)

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Do you have a message in the system.log about this? Maybe it's your keyboard ?

weatherboys

• Entrant
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 10:19:25 PM »
Do you have a message in the system.log about this? Maybe it's your keyboard ?
The only, often seen, error in system.log is "CFGetHostUUIDString: unable to determine UUID for host. Error: 35 "

lebidou

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 11:23:55 PM »
This isn't a keyboard related error, however you might find a solution for this on other forums like insanelymac. Could you attach a system.log, a dmesg, and the list of what you have in your Extra folder ?

weatherboys

• Entrant
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2009, 01:23:02 PM »
This isn't a keyboard related error, however you might find a solution for this on other forums like insanelymac. Could you attach a system.log, a dmesg, and the list of what you have in your Extra folder ?

My problem with the stuck keys seems (after two weeks of googling) to be solved. In the official apple forums a few posts say that "Parallels desktop" might be quilty of causing it (e.g. look for "Tiger" and "stuck key").
And, indeed, after deinstallation of Parallels the problem seems to not appear again. Now I will try VMware Fusion (according to the apple forum Fusion do not cause the stuck key problem)

Anyway.....thanks for helping out!