Author Topic: Boot from Cham BootCD - yes, boot from HDD Cham boot partition - no!  (Read 3175 times)

imacken

I need help!!!
After several successful installs of Leo and SL, I am stumped on a problem with my SL install on my laptop.
Basically, if I use the BootCD from Blackosx's guide, then SL loads up and works perfectly.
If, however I use my Chameleon boot partition which also boots up my Leo install then I get nowhere - see the attached boot.jpg image.  I should also say that the Chameleon partition uses RC3.
I have also attached a screen from 'diskutil list' to show the partitions, as well the structure of the Cham boot partition.
My DSDT.aml was created for this laptop and has been patched for 10.6 CMOS reset issue.
I have tried everything I know - which isn't much - and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
Re: Boot from Cham BootCD - yes, boot from HDD Cham boot partition - no!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
You could have always come to my thread?

If you are using v1.02> of the BootCD.....

Open BootCD/Extra/Preboot.dmg/Extra/Extensions/ and see what kexts are inside.
In there you'll find three kexts which I got from Superhai's Dell BootCD (Thanks Superhai).

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext and IOATAFamily.kext

Now I am guessing that your laptop uses an IDE hard drive and your KP backtrace is complaining about dependencies for com.apple.iokit.IOATAFamily..

So try copying the IOATAFamily.kext from the BootCD to your /E/E folder on your Chameleon boot partition.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:11:34 PM by Blackosx »
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB

imacken

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »
Blackosx - you've done it again!  That was it - thanks a lot.
BTW, I have contributed several times on your thread, but I didn't think you would want a non-Gigabyte question on there.
Thanks again.

Blackosx

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
Well done for getting it to work :)

Thanks for respecting my attempt to keep my thread clean with posts relevant to that Gigabyte motherboard, but this one was more a generic question for the BootCD so I would have been polite to you ;)
10.10.5 / 10.11 GM1 | Asus Maximum IV Gene-Z | i7-2600 3.40GHz | 4GB | Radeon 5770 1GB